The Bullet is a convenient, quick, easy-to-use bare fiber adapter. This model uses an FC 2.5mm connection for temporary termination of a fiber for testing purposes. Don’t waste time and money on terminating a fiber only to find out that there is a problem with the line. Use a Bullet bare fiber adapter to connector your optical fiber to test before applying a permanent connector.
The Bullet provides a simple and easy method to quickly interconnect any standard fiber connector to a piece of unterminated (bare) fiber to meet service, test or communication requirements. A few unique and distinctive features set the Bullet apart from other available products. These features are the fiber holding mechanism, removable - interchangeable connector modules (tips) and the small amount of bare fiber required to expose after cleaving for insertion. The Bullet was also recognized worldwide as a Technology Award Finalist for a product which demonstrated the widest range of technological merit, usefulness to the marketplace and design.
The Bullet is engineered out of aluminum with stainless steel connector modules. The micropads clamp onto the fiber to hold it secure during testing. Up to 900µm buffer size can fit into the adaptor which significantly reduces the amount of fiber that needs to be exposed.
The amount of bare fiber needed after cleaving will vary per connector style. Typically only .55" of fiber is needed after cleaving. Certain connectors require as little as .14" exposed after cleaving. The smaller amount of bare fiber require to be expose reduces fiber waste and the possibility of breaking or damaging the fiber during the installation process.
- Constructed of machined aluminum
- Stainless steel connector modules
- Requires only .14" to .55" of fiber exposed after cleaving
- Accepts buffer up to 900µm
- Reusable, easy clean-out
- Interchangeable connector modules
- Unique holding mechanism utilizing new micropads to hold the fiber secure during testing
- Temporarily connectorizes bare fiber
- Testing bare fiber, fiber on the reel, fiber before and after installation
- Temporary connections to OTDRs, Power Meters, Talksets, Demo Equipment, Light Sources, Data & Telecom Equipment and Dark Fiber
- Maintenance, Restoration and Installation Jobs
Bullet Singlemode FC NBG-14 Bare Fiber Adapter
- Item ID: 252643
- Brand: Bullet
- Model: NBG-14
- Availability: In Stock
- Condition: Used